Sunday, July 6, 2014

Though A Likely Story is my first full collection of poetry, it is not my very first published book of poems.
In 2012, I published a chapbook, Balance (White Violet Press).
This book follows a sequence of yoga poses developed by guru and yoga pioneer, B.K.S. Iyengar, to promote emotional stability.
A daily practitioner of Iyengar yoga, I wrote the book to honor Mr. Iyengar on the occasion of his 90th birthday.
The book contains 15 poems, one for each pose in the sequence, with drawings done by Nina Canal.
I was thinking that poetry fans should be able to visualize the poses, since the poems are so imagistic that they generally closely follow the shape of the asana (Sanskrit for pose).
For yoga afficionados, the book could well serve as a sort of instruction book, though of course one that was more impressionistic than technical.
It is available at Amazon.


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your book, Robbi. I like the cover and am sure the poems are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. This book is a few years old. I have two more recent books, A Likely Story (Moon Tide Press, 2014) and The Liberal Media Made Me Do It! (Nine Toes, 2014), an anthology of poems I edited that were inspired by NPR and PBS stories.
    Please check them out on the other pages of this blog, which include links for more information and orders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have a new page! Much luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marly. Better luck than the previous version, which disappeared like mist after I labored over it for a week.

      Delete
  4. Did you put a link in here to the page? If not, it's www.robbi-nester-poet-and-writer.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take that back. It's www.robbinester-poet-and-writer.com!

      Delete
  5. This isn't the page I am using now. The new one is up on Wix, and is much more elaborate and less florid, I think, though I can't resist busy backgrounds.
    The new one has pulsing jellyfish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah.

      So what page do you want as a link? I put one up for this page (in my roll on my blog site.)

      Delete